Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Not giving my needles a second to cool off, I cast on for 28Thirty, the latest little number from the Zephyr Girls. I'm using some Farmhouse Yarn I picked up this Fall in a firey color in honor of Project Spectrum. This is my second ZG knit and I just love their topdown formula. I started only a week ago and the sweater is just zooming along. I'm to the point where the sweater is getting heavy and more cumbersome to shift around while knitting, but that also means I'm nearing the end of the body. Woo hoo!
There's an issue, though, see. I have a little extra wool than required and would love the cardi to be full length instead of cropped, so I'm skipping around a bit. In a couple rows, I'm going to put the body on some waste yarn and start on the sleeves. Once the sleeves are finished, I'll just knit the body until I run out of yarn. Oh, and did I mention I'm working with three hanks of one color and one of another? Yup. I knew they were different colorways when I bought them, but convinced myself they were "close enough." Not so much. So, I'm randomly knitting a few rows here and there with the oddball and will probably knit the cuffs with the leftovers. It's a bit more noticeable than I expected, but still workable.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
As I mentioned above, I went down a needle size for this sweater which brings forth another pet peeve of mine: when an undershirt is visible through the sweater. I have a hard enough time selecting clothes in the morning without having to match my undershirt to my sweater. The resulting fabric is nice and thick, yet still drapey. And not see through - bonus!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Demi: back, front, and the start of some sleeves
I'm about 10 rows from finishing the sleeves, which I am putting off by writing this post and trying to muster up something to make for dinner (I'm leaning towards raspberry pancakes).
Me, cozied up with some Demi sleeves
Oh, and did I mention our basement flooded? Only a few inches and we've been diligent about only letting rubbermaid bins touch the ground, so nothing was damaged. But still! This was our very first drama as homeowners. I came home early to "protect" the house, but still ended up calling J in a panic and making him come home.
Anyway, Demi! I'm knitting the sleeves at the same time because I'm a glutton for punishment. Or maybe just because I can't handle the responsibility of maintaining symmetry on the second sleeve, so I have to knit them simultaneously. Now that I'm almost done, of course I'm glad I knit them together.
Once the sleeves are complete (later tonight. there, now I have to finish.), alls I got left is the little ribby top of sleeve doohicky, seaming (which I'm eagerly anticipating. I had the forethought to slip the last stitch of every other row, so seaming should be a breeze. okay, I just jinxed myself), and then the collar. I will have Demi done by the weekend! Woo hoo!
A couple notes:
I'm sticking with a bigger (normal) sized font.
I finally figured out how to use Haloscan!