Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Dad's Sharfik: Done!

Here's Sharfik, blocking. This is the first time I blocked a scarf and didn't even think about it not fitting along the blocking board. I folded it at the corner like below. Not sure what the normal protocol is, but this worked just fine.

Here's the final product. I'll have to get some shots of my dad modeling after I give it to him this weekend.
Pattern: Dad's Sharfik by Kathy at Grumperina

Yarn: Karabella Aurora 8 in grey, 4 1/2 balls, purchased at Wild & Wooly in Lexington

Needles: Size 7 Addis

Modifications: None

Dates Knitted: January ?, 2006 - February 12, 2006

Comments: This was a fun knit and yields (if I do say so myself) a beautiful project. The scarf is nice, thick, and warm, but still nice enough for evening use. I hope my dad likes it!

Next up: Norwegian Stockings

So, I've been a total slacker with my Olympic project. I wonder if I can just switch to these... Anyway, Fair Isle is my new best friend. Electra had a little, but didn't have the contrast of the stockings and didn't have the same punch as the stockings. I'm addicted.

3 comments:

caitlyn said...

Great scarf! It will make a lovely gift for your dad. Your Norwegian stockings are looking awesome so far!

Melissa said...

the scarf turned out great! i can't wait to see the stockings too!

zero said...

cell phonesCheap cell phonesChina Cell PhonesDiscount Handbags On Sale-Beautycasa Online : - Hermes Handbags Miu Miu Handbags Fendi Handbags Prada Handbags Balenciaga Handbags Chloe Handbags Marc Jacobs Handbags Jimmy Choo Handbags Mulberry Luxury Handbags Christian Dior Handbags Hermes Wallet Gucci Handbags FREE GUCCI WALLET Difference the amount Designer Handbags Chanel Handbags Burberry Handbags Louis Vuitton Wallet ecommerce, open source, shop, online shopping