Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Hourglass Replacement Sweater

With my easy knitting project MIA, I cast on for the project waiting on deck, Beau. This will be J's 2006 sweater. Here's a lackluster shot of the back...

(For a much artier shot of Beau's back, check out Elli's here.)


I'm using Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Aran in Husk, the yarn prescribed for the project. I thought Hourglass was going to be a fast knit, but this is just flying off the needles. Yay for nice thick yarn and easy peasy ribbing! I'm actually knit a bit more than when I took this photo and nearing completion on the back. Fastest . Sweater . Ever! I was hoping for a finished sweater by Thanksgiving, but that was before I realized just how close that was. I don't think I'm up for that kind of challenge.

I signed up for the Phildar Swing Coat KAL organized by Vanessa but am still floundering with the decision to shell out neary $30 for the pattern book when I don't think I would knit any other pattern. It's just such a cute sweater! What to do...what to do...

Updated to Add:
This pattern pic:

And to thank Jenna and Veronique for their suggestion to order the pattern mag directly from Phildar at nearly what I expected! Woo hoo! It's on it's way here as I type. Thanks, guys!

7 comments:

Jenna said...

I ordered my pattern book directly from Phildar, and it only cost 13.78 euros. That's only about 17 or 18 dollars. And it shipped to me really quickly, too!

Veronique said...

Beau is such a great pattern! I can't believe you've progressed so fast.
I agree with Jenna: the Phildar pattern magazine (not a book!) costs 5E and s/h is 4.5E, so the total is 9.5E, which is $12.15.

jen said...

Wow that IS fast! That's a very nice sweater, I wonder if my man would wear it (I ask hopefully even though I know the answer is no!). Glad you found the book for less than $30, that's expensive!

lobstah said...

Beau is looking awesome and the swing jacket is ridiculously cute! Me jealous :)

vera said...

oh, there is nothing better than a quick knit :0) it's looking really great. and i do love that swing jacket...wish i could join you for the kal, but too many things to do.. :0( x

Nora said...

The swing jkt is beautiful - I've also joined the KAL. When are you starting??

radioactive girl said...

The pattern is sold out at Phildar! I suppose I waited too long to get it...any advice on where I can find it?