Skip to main content

An Update in Numbers

NUMBER OF...

... inches knit on Hourglass - 15 I'm up to the armpits. Ahh, what a lovely place to be.

... movies watched this weekend - 3 (Blood Diamond, Stranger than Fiction, Casino Royal) I recommend all, particularly the first two. And I don't always watch this many movies in a weekend. I usually watch really bad reality TV instead.

... Golden Retrievers Miles got to run around with on Saturday - 6 (!)

And yes, two (males) are um, humping. I swear I didn't choose this picture to be creepy or "funny" - that dog was on top of the other dog in every single picture! (The other dog barely noticed - he just went about his business as usual...) Anyway, dominance issues abound when you put 7 dogs together!
... Treats baked by moi - 1. This is the main ingredient.


Can you guess what I made?

... longtime FO's I'm finally coming clean about - 1 ....
The Counterpane Pouch
Oops. I casually mentioned this project awhile back, it was made for a good friend whose birthday was back in January. She reads the blog (one of my few friends who even know it exists), so I kept it a secret. I finished the knitting on time, but lagged on the finishing. Another two weeks went by before I finally made it to the post office (which is two blocks from my house.) She received it in um, March. Yeah, oops. Sorry, Sly! Isn't it more fun to get b-day presents when you're least expecting them?

Every piece of this project is recycled or taken from the stash. The yarn is leftovers from my
Prairie Tunic and the lining an old (but barely worn) shirt. I even tied up the finished pouch with ribbons from the shirt. I love when everything falls into place.


Pattern. Counterpane Pouch
Source. Handknit Holidays
Yarn. Jaeger Sienna 4-ply in lilac
Needles. US3 Addis
Time Knitted. ? early January to mid-February
Mods. Subbed yarn, added an extra pattern repeat.



Comments. A fun project. The counterpane pattern really pops and is a perfect style for a pouch or bag. I enjoyed watching it come alive. I do wish I made the pouch a bit taller, so it could double as a pouch or purse. It could probably be an evening bag, but would be awkward if you carry a lot of junk around. My friend isn't one of those types, so I think it will work for her. The oblong shape adds some aesthetic interest and is probably more comfortable to wear tucked under your arm than if it were more squarish.

The lining as a shirt:



And just for fun, here's a crazy action shot of Miles from Saturday. Look at his ears!


Enjoy the last few hours of the weekend!

Comments

Anonymous said…
beautiful bag! :) I have that book, but haven't ever made anything out of it. I'll be going home tonight to flip through it again. :) Great action shot of Miles, and of course I love the picture of all the goldens. :)
Stacey said…
Dogs are so entertaining when put in a large group.... :)

The bag is beautiful! Love the Miles action shot!
All of your projects look (and sound) excellent! Yay, for the hourglass progress! Screw Demi, you don't need her anyway.
lobstah said…
I love that pouch pattern. I actually bought that book but ended up returning it 'cause there were only a couple patterns I thought I would make. Oh well, I'll just enjoy it vicariously ;p
KnittyLynn said…
Love the bag!

Would also love to add you to the Rockin Sock Club Ring. :) You just need to add the Ring HTML.
ugg boots said…
ugg boots ugg boots
uggs uggs
ugg australia ugg australia
ugg sale ugg sale
ugg boots sale ugg boots sale
cheap ugg boots cheap ugg boots
winter boots winter boots
discount ugg boots discount ugg boots
cheap uggs cheap uggs
uggs on sale uggs on sale
australia ugg boots australia ugg boots
ugg boots 2010 ugg boots 2010
ugg boots ugg boots
ugg stiefel ugg stiefel
uggs uggs
ugg australia ugg australia
ugg boots sale ugg boots sale
ugg boots deutschland ugg boots deutschland
uggs on sale uggs on sale


uggs uggs
MBT Outlet MBT Outlet
GHD GHD
G Star Raw G Star Raw
ed hardy ed hardy
Abercrombie And Fitch Abercrombie And Fitch
tiffany jewelry tiffany jewelry
Abercrombie And Fitch Abercrombie And Fitch
Abercrombie And Fitch Abercrombie And Fitch
Cartier Cartier
Gucci Gucci
shamwow shamwow

Popular posts from this blog

Box Bag Tutorial

A couple of you inquired whether I made this pouch based on a tutorial or pattern and if not, if I could provide one. Ask and you shall receive! I've learned so much from tutorials out on the internets, I'm happy I can give back for once. Bear with me, though. This is my first tutorial and creating one is much tougher than I imagined. I give anyone who's created a tutorial tons of credit! I feel obligated to preface this by admitting I'm a trial and error sewer. I make things up as I go along and test things during the sewing process to see if I'm achieving my desired results. Also, I taught myself to sew just playing around on a sewing machine, so I don't always use text book methods. Just wanted come clean before you all jump into this and so you have a little understanding if I did something in a backass way. The pattern works, which is all that matters to me! Because of the versatility of this pattern, my instructions can be used more as guidelines. You can ...

WIP: February (Little) Lady Sweater

  I’m generally not one to reknit patterns, reread books or rewatch movies. That said, once in awhile I come across one of the aforementioned that warrants repeating. And repeating. And repeating. I can’t get enough. It’s the reason I’ve watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation 400 times, memorized most episodes of Sex and the City and Seinfeld and it’s the reason there is always at least one Elizabeth Zimmermann’s baby sweater on the needles. Mostly the Baby Surprise Jacket (the surprise gets me every time. Seriously, how does that strange stretch of fabric become a sweater?!), but also the February Baby (or Lady!) Sweater .  There’s just something about that gull stitch pattern that makes this sweater fly off the needles. There’s enough to it to keep my interest, but it’s not so taxing I can’t multitask or memorize the pattern. And the garter stitch yoke / lace body combination makes the sweater appropriate for any season, isn’t too girly, and has that little extr...

Nursing Pad Tutorial

Thanks for all the lovely messages about Alice! We're getting into a groove around here and I've finally been able to do a little crafting. My sewing machine has finally seen some use and thanks to some sage advice from Elizabeth over at A Mingled Yarn (Thanks, Elizabeth!), I'm finally able to knit while nursing. Speaking of nursing, after tearing through a couple of boxes of nursing pads I decided to take matters into my own hands and make my own more environmentally-friendly version. I couldn't find an available pattern on the internet, so I thought I would share mine with you. There are probably better ways to construct them, but this worked for me. Don't they look like ravioli? What you'll need to make 12 breast pads (6 sets): 1/2 yard cotton flannel* (I used a natural color because I didn't want a wild print peeking through my shirt. You can go crazy with creativity, though) 1/4 yard cotton batting* scissors thread *A note on fabric: I used cotton fl...