Friday, April 27, 2007

Another Cast On

Thanks everyone for the comments on the baby blanket beginnings. I wish I could email everyone individually - I realize this has become a common complaint around here - but blogger doesn't make it too easy. I think I might need to download haloscan or a similar application. Anyone have any luck with this type of program?

I cast on for another project, but it's socks so it doesn't count. And I actually cast on a while back, like in March. Oops, who knew I was such a secret keeper? They just haven't been on my mind too much because I've spent so little time on them - mostly during some t rides in Boston.

Here's where I was at this weekend:






I'm about halfway down the foot now, but this is my latest photo. The yarn is the important part now anyway, right?





Ooh la la! I'm such a sucker for bright, bold colors. I was once referred to as "the girl who always wears bright colors." This is Sundara Yarn in Cirque purchased about a year ago - before it was cut throat buying her yarn. I must say I understand why. This is my second pair of socks knitted with her yarn, and it truly is fabulous. The color saturation is unbeatable* and the finished product handles quite a bit of wear and tear. Not quite the sproing or softness of STR, but I dare say I think it wears a tad (just a tad!) better - and I machine wash. At least with the base yarn she was using last year.


I hope to finish these off, so I can cast on for the latest STR Rockin' Sock Club shipment.

*I actually cast on for a Chevron Scarf with this yarn and some leftover Fairgrounds from these socks, but decided the colors needed to be on their own to fully show off the rich, jewel-like colors.

8 comments:

Stacey said...

I have yet to get my hands on any of her yarn....one of these days!!!!! Those socks are great - love the deep, saturated colors!

Risa said...

Um... Is it scary that I could tell that was Sundara's yarn just by looking at it? I think so.
Enjoy!!

vera said...

gorgeous yarn. I have always wanted to try some of sundara's yarn. I can't believe i still haven't got around to it yet. I love bold colours too, especially for socks. They are looking great! :0)

knittingphilistine said...

Those are going to be stunning. Jewel tones, indeed.

Veronique said...

I use Haloscan and it's great! Each comment get emailed to you, with the person's email address.

pamela wynne said...

I keep coming back to look at this gorgeous yarn!!

zero said...

Tn Requin
him advice during this particular scene Nike Air Riftand advises him to attend school. jeans dieselAs the episode plays out Bubbles takes Sherrod to school and assists him to process himself into the school they visit. Chaussures puma
Or another scene in whichTn Requina young kid is found to be driving an Escalade, Air Maxwhere most of the other kids admire him, Wholesale Polo Shirtsas he acts as someone not of his age buttn requincheap nike shox simply because it is accepted into this drug world but wouldn’t necessarily work in a very clean cut type of town.

zero said...

This phenomenomChina Wholesale is typified by mobile phonethe rise ofbusiness. Incredible range of products available with “Low Price and High Quality” not only reaches directly to their target clients worldwide but also ensures that cheap cell phones wholesale from China means margins you cannot find elsewhere and cell phonesChina Wholesale will skyroket your profits.cosplay costumes
cheap cell phones
cheap cocktail dresses
Cheap Wedding Dresses
cheap jewelry