Sunday, May 07, 2006

My Feet are Getting all the Love

First I got a pedicure (thanks, Mom!)

Then, I finished my jaywalkers
And finally(!) got new running sneakers.

My feet are loving life.

Some notes on the Jaywalkers...

Pattern:
Jaywalkers by Grumperina (duh, like I'm not the last person to knit these)
Yarn:
Sundara Yarn in Trompe L'oeil (Super soft yarn, with excellent stitch definition and luscious colors)
Needles: Size 1, 40" Addis
Dates Knitted: March 26 to May 2, 2006
Techniques: Magic Loop
Mods: Followed pattern pretty much exactly. Only change was knitting 6 inches (instead of 7) before starting the heel.
Comments: Loved the pattern. Great for T knitting. Will definitely make another pair. Highlights striping yarns like no other pattern.

Here are some more photos of the finished socks.....

close up of the stitches.
the toe... I don't know, I just thought it looked cute!
I also bought some yarn for a not yet started project, Prairie Tunic from Interweave Spring '06.


Bobble Blue is coming along slowly. I've been picking up the running now that spring has finally hit Boston, but knitting has slowed. Here's a picture of quintessential springtime Boston with magnolia trees in full bloom in Back Bay.

8 comments:

Veronique said...

Oh, those magnolia trees look beautiful!
And the Sundara yarn is making me drool...

Elizabeth said...

Your Jaywalkers look fantastic! I'm going to knit these in a few months, also with Sundara yarn - now I'm really looking forward to it. I also love the color you chose for the Prairie Tunic - I've been pondering making that one, too...

Emma said...

Very happy feet! Love the colors in the Jaywalkers.

lobstah said...

Awesome job on the socks! And what's this running crap--get back to the knitting, stat! (just kidding!)

heidi said...

um... ok, so i came on here looking to see your fab new purse your mom mentioned you made, but now i'm wondering why in the world am i looking at a pic of your feet?!?
(just teasing!)
the purse really is cute!

Steph said...

Those socks are so cute, that colorway looks really cool. I still haven't brought myself to wind my Sundara yarn, it looks so pretty in the skein.

Anonymous said...

Nice socks, happy feet!

- MJ

ugg boots said...

ugg boots ugg boots
uggs uggs
ugg australia ugg australia
ugg sale ugg sale
ugg boots sale ugg boots sale
cheap ugg boots cheap ugg boots
winter boots winter boots
discount ugg boots discount ugg boots
cheap uggs cheap uggs
uggs on sale uggs on sale
australia ugg boots australia ugg boots
ugg boots 2010 ugg boots 2010
ugg boots ugg boots
ugg stiefel ugg stiefel
uggs uggs
ugg australia ugg australia
ugg boots sale ugg boots sale
ugg boots deutschland ugg boots deutschland
uggs on sale uggs on sale


uggs uggs
MBT Outlet MBT Outlet
GHD GHD
G Star Raw G Star Raw
ed hardy ed hardy
Abercrombie And Fitch Abercrombie And Fitch
tiffany jewelry tiffany jewelry
Abercrombie And Fitch Abercrombie And Fitch
Abercrombie And Fitch Abercrombie And Fitch
Cartier Cartier
Gucci Gucci
shamwow shamwow