Things that have occupied all my time, leaving me no time to post.
1. Spending a long relaxing Mother's Day weekend with my mom, dad, and sister in South Florida. I even knit a bit, but devoted most of my craft time to....
2. Finishing my sister's Weekender Bag, her v. belated xmas gift. Before leaving for Florida, all I had left was to handsew the lining which I finished the last night of our trip in the hotel room. I'm one of those last minute types. Unfortunately I'm also a dumbass and took not one picture of the finished bag - which came out much cleaner than my version. I envisioned a J. Crewish beach photoshoot with lots of sand and my sister frolicking around. Just imagine instead. Ahhh, beach! Amy Butler! Sun!
3. Packing. Did I mention we bought a house? We close on Friday and although we're surrounded by boxes, we've barely started packing. Luckily, our new house is only a mile away!
4. Passing my insurance test. Check that one off the to do list!
Pattern. 48 stitches, toe up. I used Diana's method of increasing, as I did with these socks.
Yarn. Yarntini Sport in Luxury, 1 350 yd. skein from Pure Knits. Plus a little Dale Baby Ull when I ran out.
Needles. Size 3 Addis.
Time Knitted. A month or two. These have been finished for awhile....
Comments. Sportweight yarn flies! Even with the added thickness, these socks are cozy and well-fitting. See for yourself ...
Miles thinks they're cozy (notice in the vesper knee highs, he's also digging the socks. too funny)
In the interest of full disclosure, I must say I have yet to wear these. It's been pretty warm, so I can blame it on that, but it's mostly because they fall down. I just have to figure out the best method of adding elastic.
Because I'm a dork.
7. Keeping Zoe off another FO, the Big Bad Baby Blanket
She crawled up on this the second I layed it flat.
Pattern. Big Bad Baby Blanket
Source. Stitch 'n Bitch Handbook
Yarn. Blue Sky Alpacas, Organic Cotton in Nut, 4 skeins
Needles. US 8 Addis
Time Knitted. 4/20/07 - 5/3/07
Mods. Subbed yarn, larger finished size.
Comments. This is a great baby shower gift. Great yarn, easy peasy blanket. My only complaint is that the ends were a bit obvious (to me anyway) after they were weaved in. The yarn is a bit rugged, so hopefully non-knitters won't notice.
Okay, back to packing and knocking more stuff off the to do list.