Skip to main content

Electra #2





Electra is slowly coming together. I'm really enjoying working in fair isle. It's exhilarating seeing the colors come to life. That said, I feel like I should be halfway done with the second piece, but nope, it's moving S-L-O-W-L-Y. My hands are still getting accustomed to the switching back and forth between yarns and it's even more difficult because the yarns are all different sizes. It's a good time, though, and that's what counts, right?

I'm also getting a little worried I should have made a bigger size. I'm going to keep positive, though, and just hope for the best. I can always block the crap out of it and hope that works.

Here's a picture of my progress: I'm done with the first 34-row repeat and onto the second.

How intimidating are those ends? I'm going to start weaving them in so I'm not stuck with them at the end. Here's an up close shot, too.

I've been dedicating most of my time after work to Electra and I thought I should take some time for some other crafts. I spent a whole ten minutes making this necklace...

Nice, quick satisfaction. I bought the beads when I was in NYC last. They look big, but they're super lightweight. I think I might restring it and make it a tiny bit longer. Oh, and ignore how filthy our bathroom mirror looks. Here's a close up of the gold finding. My favorite part, too bad it's hidden in the back.


Comments

lobstah said…
Wow, Electra is looking beautiful! You sure are a fast learner. I am tempted to make the cardigan version, but like you I already have too many damn things on my plate.

I think Electra's shape is supposed to be sort of shrunken and cropped, so maybe it's OK that it looks to be on the small side?

Popular posts from this blog

Box Bag Tutorial

A couple of you inquired whether I made this pouch based on a tutorial or pattern and if not, if I could provide one. Ask and you shall receive!

I've learned so much from tutorials out on the internets, I'm happy I can give back for once. Bear with me, though. This is my first tutorial and creating one is much tougher than I imagined. I give anyone who's created a tutorial tons of credit!

I feel obligated to preface this by admitting I'm a trial and error sewer. I make things up as I go along and test things during the sewing process to see if I'm achieving my desired results. Also, I taught myself to sew just playing around on a sewing machine, so I don't always use text book methods. Just wanted come clean before you all jump into this and so you have a little understanding if I did something in a backass way. The pattern works, which is all that matters to me!

Because of the versatility of this pattern, my instructions can be used more as guidelines. You can e…

Baby Blankets & Booties

I'm finished with all my baby knitting:



Pattern Big Bad Baby Blanket
Source Stitch 'n Bitch Handbook
Yarn Blue Sky Organic Cotton in Nut and Bone, 4 skeins each
Needles Size 8 Addis
Time to Knit Blanket #2 - July 7 - July 15; Blanket #3 - July 17-July 26.
Comments
Great pattern, great blanket. I used larger gauge yarn, so my blankets came out a big larger than the original. I made sure to end each ball of yarn at the end of a row. Because of the thick, organic texture of the yarn, the weaving was really noticeable in a stockinette portion. The garter stitch hid them well, though. The yarn was a drapey dream while knitting, but stiffened up a goot bit after washing / blocking . I'm sure (I hope ) it will soften with use.Mods I opted for garter stitch instead of seed stitch just for timesavings and peace of mind (seed stitch is beautiful, but takes me SO LONG).

The third and final baby blanket was the perfect project to keep my hands busy while ready the 7th HP book. I sat outside,…

Prairie Tunic: Finished!

Prairie Tunic is finished, just in time for the, um, cold weather. I'm just glad it's no longer languishing at the bottom of my knit bag. It's freeing to finish a knit. Here are some pics of the thing: Now for the stats:
Pattern - Prairie Tunic by Veronik Avery
Source - Interweave Knits Spring 2006
Yarn - Jaeger Sienna 4-ply (prescribed yarn) in lilac
Amount of Yarn - 4.5 balls. Pattern called for 5.5 balls (I made a blend of sizes. See below)
Started - May 28, 2006 (wow, that's just sad it took me so long to finish)
Finished - August 27, 2006
Modifications - My tunic is a blend of two sizes to match my body. I started with the 39.5 inch size for the bottom, but decreased 10 extra times so the top would be 36.5 inches. I wish I had made the entire piece 36.5 as the bottom is too big. I kind of knew (famous last words), but kept going just because. I have a plan, though. The pattern instructs you to leave the bottom six inches on either side unseamed, but seaming is in my tunic…