Skip to main content

Dad's Sharfik: Done!

Here's Sharfik, blocking. This is the first time I blocked a scarf and didn't even think about it not fitting along the blocking board. I folded it at the corner like below. Not sure what the normal protocol is, but this worked just fine.

Here's the final product. I'll have to get some shots of my dad modeling after I give it to him this weekend.
Pattern: Dad's Sharfik by Kathy at Grumperina

Yarn: Karabella Aurora 8 in grey, 4 1/2 balls, purchased at Wild & Wooly in Lexington

Needles: Size 7 Addis

Modifications: None

Dates Knitted: January ?, 2006 - February 12, 2006

Comments: This was a fun knit and yields (if I do say so myself) a beautiful project. The scarf is nice, thick, and warm, but still nice enough for evening use. I hope my dad likes it!

Next up: Norwegian Stockings

So, I've been a total slacker with my Olympic project. I wonder if I can just switch to these... Anyway, Fair Isle is my new best friend. Electra had a little, but didn't have the contrast of the stockings and didn't have the same punch as the stockings. I'm addicted.

Comments

caitlyn said…
Great scarf! It will make a lovely gift for your dad. Your Norwegian stockings are looking awesome so far!
Melissa said…
the scarf turned out great! i can't wait to see the stockings too!

Popular posts from this blog

Box Bag Tutorial

A couple of you inquired whether I made this pouch based on a tutorial or pattern and if not, if I could provide one. Ask and you shall receive! I've learned so much from tutorials out on the internets, I'm happy I can give back for once. Bear with me, though. This is my first tutorial and creating one is much tougher than I imagined. I give anyone who's created a tutorial tons of credit! I feel obligated to preface this by admitting I'm a trial and error sewer. I make things up as I go along and test things during the sewing process to see if I'm achieving my desired results. Also, I taught myself to sew just playing around on a sewing machine, so I don't always use text book methods. Just wanted come clean before you all jump into this and so you have a little understanding if I did something in a backass way. The pattern works, which is all that matters to me! Because of the versatility of this pattern, my instructions can be used more as guidelines. You can ...

WIP: February (Little) Lady Sweater

  I’m generally not one to reknit patterns, reread books or rewatch movies. That said, once in awhile I come across one of the aforementioned that warrants repeating. And repeating. And repeating. I can’t get enough. It’s the reason I’ve watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation 400 times, memorized most episodes of Sex and the City and Seinfeld and it’s the reason there is always at least one Elizabeth Zimmermann’s baby sweater on the needles. Mostly the Baby Surprise Jacket (the surprise gets me every time. Seriously, how does that strange stretch of fabric become a sweater?!), but also the February Baby (or Lady!) Sweater .  There’s just something about that gull stitch pattern that makes this sweater fly off the needles. There’s enough to it to keep my interest, but it’s not so taxing I can’t multitask or memorize the pattern. And the garter stitch yoke / lace body combination makes the sweater appropriate for any season, isn’t too girly, and has that little extr...

Norwegian Stockings

I finished my Norwegian Stockings on Monday... Here they are! NOTES: Pattern: Norwegian Stockings, Folk Socks by Nancy Bush Yarn: Dale Baby Ull, 2 skeins chocolate brown (3172), 1.5 skeins sage green (9436), just enough for snowflakes off white (0020). Needles: Size 2, 40" Addis Dates Knit: February 13, 2006 - March 13, 2006 Modifications: As Eunny and Jess did, I went down a needle size and subbed Baby Ull for Heilo. Notes: It's been said before, but I'll say it again... what a great pattern. Extremely well written, memorizable (is that a word?), and interesting from cast on to cast off. Usually I get sick of projects about halfway through, but trudge through for the cherished FO. With these, I was entertained the entire process and am itching to cast on for some more fair isle. I'm hooked. It feels weird to only knit with one hand! I used magic loop, which kept me sane. I like dpns, but I would have a nervous breakdown if any stitches slipped off ... I'm ...