Skip to main content

Weekend Update


What an amazing weekend up in New England. The leaves are at peak, the air light and crisp. A perfect weekend for some hiking, pumpkin picking (can you believe I spent $30 on 2 pumpkins??? Have pumpkins always been this much money? I must be in the wrong business. And worst of all, I can't help but think of the yarn I could have bought!), running, and (this goes without saying) crafting. That basically sums up my weekend. The picture above is from a hike today. I keep pretending it's my backyard. Could you imagine?

The crafting has definitely improved with the addition of my drafting table. Check out my new crafting space:

Not only do I have space for my computer, sewing machine and ironing board, but the cat has a new elevated spot to look out the window and into the rest of the house. She also keeps my WIPs warm while they wait on the table. Unfortunately, she covers them in cat hair and I'm always fearful I'll accidentally leave a pin in something! Now, what's that hiding on the table? Could it be the (cat hair-covered) weekender?

Sure is. The bag is shaping up nicely. This is where I'm at:

That's the lining with the pockets I added and the exterior turned inside out. I don't want to show that until the bag is complete. I'm was on such a roll up until last week, but stalled out at the start of the work week. Stupid work getting in the way of everything! All I have left to do is attach the lining and make the false bottom. It's just pathetic I'm still putting it off. I started working on it today, but then my bobbin ran out of thread and I got lazy. Again, pathetic.

Despite the bag being unfinished, I still used it last weekend without the lining!

Comments

Veronique said…
Oooh, a weekender bag...
And, I'm totally jealous of your crafting area.
craftoholic said…
Ahh, can't wait to see it all finished. Lots of pics please :-)
lobstah said…
Yeah, pumpkins are wicked pricey! If you buy a cut-your-own christmas tree they're even pricier. But I try to rationalize it b/c it's keeping working farmland viable.
P.S. Totally laughed at your last post..."cornflower." I always hated that color too. My fave was "midnight blue" for some reason.
Stacey said…
Fall is probably the main reason I stay in New England - this year was spectacular! I love looking out the window and seeing tons of foliage....

the bag is coming along great! You'll be done in no time!
Melissa said…
ya! stupid work getting in the way of EVERYTHING! I hate that!

Can't wait to see the completed weekender, it's gonna be great!

Popular posts from this blog

Box Bag Tutorial

A couple of you inquired whether I made this pouch based on a tutorial or pattern and if not, if I could provide one. Ask and you shall receive! I've learned so much from tutorials out on the internets, I'm happy I can give back for once. Bear with me, though. This is my first tutorial and creating one is much tougher than I imagined. I give anyone who's created a tutorial tons of credit! I feel obligated to preface this by admitting I'm a trial and error sewer. I make things up as I go along and test things during the sewing process to see if I'm achieving my desired results. Also, I taught myself to sew just playing around on a sewing machine, so I don't always use text book methods. Just wanted come clean before you all jump into this and so you have a little understanding if I did something in a backass way. The pattern works, which is all that matters to me! Because of the versatility of this pattern, my instructions can be used more as guidelines. You can ...

WIP: February (Little) Lady Sweater

  I’m generally not one to reknit patterns, reread books or rewatch movies. That said, once in awhile I come across one of the aforementioned that warrants repeating. And repeating. And repeating. I can’t get enough. It’s the reason I’ve watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation 400 times, memorized most episodes of Sex and the City and Seinfeld and it’s the reason there is always at least one Elizabeth Zimmermann’s baby sweater on the needles. Mostly the Baby Surprise Jacket (the surprise gets me every time. Seriously, how does that strange stretch of fabric become a sweater?!), but also the February Baby (or Lady!) Sweater .  There’s just something about that gull stitch pattern that makes this sweater fly off the needles. There’s enough to it to keep my interest, but it’s not so taxing I can’t multitask or memorize the pattern. And the garter stitch yoke / lace body combination makes the sweater appropriate for any season, isn’t too girly, and has that little extr...

Norwegian Stockings

I finished my Norwegian Stockings on Monday... Here they are! NOTES: Pattern: Norwegian Stockings, Folk Socks by Nancy Bush Yarn: Dale Baby Ull, 2 skeins chocolate brown (3172), 1.5 skeins sage green (9436), just enough for snowflakes off white (0020). Needles: Size 2, 40" Addis Dates Knit: February 13, 2006 - March 13, 2006 Modifications: As Eunny and Jess did, I went down a needle size and subbed Baby Ull for Heilo. Notes: It's been said before, but I'll say it again... what a great pattern. Extremely well written, memorizable (is that a word?), and interesting from cast on to cast off. Usually I get sick of projects about halfway through, but trudge through for the cherished FO. With these, I was entertained the entire process and am itching to cast on for some more fair isle. I'm hooked. It feels weird to only knit with one hand! I used magic loop, which kept me sane. I like dpns, but I would have a nervous breakdown if any stitches slipped off ... I'm ...