Skip to main content

Monkeying Around

MONKEY SOCKS

Finished these on Saturday and they haven't left my feet since (well, I did take them off in the shower). These are by far my best fitting, most comfy pair of handkit socks ever. For reals, y'all. Just a satisfying blend of stretchy and warm. In the words of Rach3l Ray, "Yum-O!"



THE STATS
Pattern. Monkey Socks by sock genius, Cookie A.
Source. Knitty.com - New patterns just out!
Yarn. Socks that Rock, Rare Gems
Needles. Size 1 Addis, 40"
Time Knitted. January 31 to March 3
Mods. Nada

Comments

Anonymous said…
gorgeous sock!
and i posted a link to your box bag tutorial on my blog- trying to spread the box bag love! hope you don't mind :0)
Anonymous said…
great job! yay for socks that fit perfectly.
Anonymous said…
They are fantastic and they do look immensely comfortable. Thanks also for posting that groovy box bag tutorial. I'm going to give it a try!
Anonymous said…
those are awesome and i love love love the color!
Lolly said…
Wow, what cute socks! I love them :)
Great Monkeys! I should have some fresh off the needles very soon, too! Cookie's patterns always fit so great. Looks like your box bags are receiving the LOVE!
Stacey said…
those came out great! the pattern really shows through even with the variegated yarn!
Jody said…
Gorgeous! I'm almost done with my Monkey socks too - just one more repeat!
Anonymous said…
Those are gorgeous - both the pattern and the colour!
Anonymous said…
Oh, they're gorgeous. I think Monkey is my favourite sock pattern - simple and fst!!
lobstah said…
Those are totally groove-a-licious!
So...are the rumors true? I heard something about a new house?
Unknown said…
oh wow! these are way cute. i just love them!!
Anonymous said…
Ooooh... me likey. Great job. I'm going to try these socks eventually...
Margie said…
I think you've given me an idea of what yarn to use for my Monkeys, hopefully next in the pipeline. I have a Rare Gem in burgundies. I like the box bag link idea and will post a link on my blog also. Great job!
Dans said…
super style thank you
very very good

Popular posts from this blog

Box Bag Tutorial

A couple of you inquired whether I made this pouch based on a tutorial or pattern and if not, if I could provide one. Ask and you shall receive! I've learned so much from tutorials out on the internets, I'm happy I can give back for once. Bear with me, though. This is my first tutorial and creating one is much tougher than I imagined. I give anyone who's created a tutorial tons of credit! I feel obligated to preface this by admitting I'm a trial and error sewer. I make things up as I go along and test things during the sewing process to see if I'm achieving my desired results. Also, I taught myself to sew just playing around on a sewing machine, so I don't always use text book methods. Just wanted come clean before you all jump into this and so you have a little understanding if I did something in a backass way. The pattern works, which is all that matters to me! Because of the versatility of this pattern, my instructions can be used more as guidelines. You can ...

WIP: February (Little) Lady Sweater

  I’m generally not one to reknit patterns, reread books or rewatch movies. That said, once in awhile I come across one of the aforementioned that warrants repeating. And repeating. And repeating. I can’t get enough. It’s the reason I’ve watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation 400 times, memorized most episodes of Sex and the City and Seinfeld and it’s the reason there is always at least one Elizabeth Zimmermann’s baby sweater on the needles. Mostly the Baby Surprise Jacket (the surprise gets me every time. Seriously, how does that strange stretch of fabric become a sweater?!), but also the February Baby (or Lady!) Sweater .  There’s just something about that gull stitch pattern that makes this sweater fly off the needles. There’s enough to it to keep my interest, but it’s not so taxing I can’t multitask or memorize the pattern. And the garter stitch yoke / lace body combination makes the sweater appropriate for any season, isn’t too girly, and has that little extr...

Norwegian Stockings

I finished my Norwegian Stockings on Monday... Here they are! NOTES: Pattern: Norwegian Stockings, Folk Socks by Nancy Bush Yarn: Dale Baby Ull, 2 skeins chocolate brown (3172), 1.5 skeins sage green (9436), just enough for snowflakes off white (0020). Needles: Size 2, 40" Addis Dates Knit: February 13, 2006 - March 13, 2006 Modifications: As Eunny and Jess did, I went down a needle size and subbed Baby Ull for Heilo. Notes: It's been said before, but I'll say it again... what a great pattern. Extremely well written, memorizable (is that a word?), and interesting from cast on to cast off. Usually I get sick of projects about halfway through, but trudge through for the cherished FO. With these, I was entertained the entire process and am itching to cast on for some more fair isle. I'm hooked. It feels weird to only knit with one hand! I used magic loop, which kept me sane. I like dpns, but I would have a nervous breakdown if any stitches slipped off ... I'm ...