Skip to main content

Sharfik Update

While Electra has been my knit at home project, I always like to have a portable project going simulateneously. That's been Dad's Sharfik. Perfect for the T, perfect size for my purse. Sharfik's been my traveling companion for quite some time now. It's good, too, because it's a really nice knit and it's been lasting. I think I'll eventually break down and just finish it in a few nights (I want my dad to get some use from it while it's still cold). Here's some photos of it's current state:


I only dry blocked part of it (mostly because all my pins are in use wet blocking Electra). But, you get the picture of how the cables will look. Here's an upclose shot...



Yesterday, as I like all Saturdays to be, was a day of baking. Since Pants (the husband) has a bit of a chocolate problem (it really is a problem not something I can make cute by calling him a "choco-holic" or saying he has a sweet tooth), he'll take anything chocolate over something not regardless of the food group. I thought I liked chocolate, but it's become trite for me now. In any case, here are the goods. And, yeah, despite my ramblings I ate some and they were yummy.

Comments

lobstah said…
Is he a mean chrunk? (I just invented that word for chocolate drunk) Ha ha. Oh well, there's worse things to be addicted to.

Sharfik looks soft and cozy, I bet your dad will love it.
Melissa said…
sharfik looks great! i'm sure your dad is going to love it.

thanks for the comment on the green sweater! maybe one of these days i'll find my notes and finish writing the pattern.

Popular posts from this blog

Box Bag Tutorial

A couple of you inquired whether I made this pouch based on a tutorial or pattern and if not, if I could provide one. Ask and you shall receive!

I've learned so much from tutorials out on the internets, I'm happy I can give back for once. Bear with me, though. This is my first tutorial and creating one is much tougher than I imagined. I give anyone who's created a tutorial tons of credit!

I feel obligated to preface this by admitting I'm a trial and error sewer. I make things up as I go along and test things during the sewing process to see if I'm achieving my desired results. Also, I taught myself to sew just playing around on a sewing machine, so I don't always use text book methods. Just wanted come clean before you all jump into this and so you have a little understanding if I did something in a backass way. The pattern works, which is all that matters to me!

Because of the versatility of this pattern, my instructions can be used more as guidelines. You can e…

Baby Blankets & Booties

I'm finished with all my baby knitting:



Pattern Big Bad Baby Blanket
Source Stitch 'n Bitch Handbook
Yarn Blue Sky Organic Cotton in Nut and Bone, 4 skeins each
Needles Size 8 Addis
Time to Knit Blanket #2 - July 7 - July 15; Blanket #3 - July 17-July 26.
Comments
Great pattern, great blanket. I used larger gauge yarn, so my blankets came out a big larger than the original. I made sure to end each ball of yarn at the end of a row. Because of the thick, organic texture of the yarn, the weaving was really noticeable in a stockinette portion. The garter stitch hid them well, though. The yarn was a drapey dream while knitting, but stiffened up a goot bit after washing / blocking . I'm sure (I hope ) it will soften with use.Mods I opted for garter stitch instead of seed stitch just for timesavings and peace of mind (seed stitch is beautiful, but takes me SO LONG).

The third and final baby blanket was the perfect project to keep my hands busy while ready the 7th HP book. I sat outside,…

Prairie Tunic: Finished!

Prairie Tunic is finished, just in time for the, um, cold weather. I'm just glad it's no longer languishing at the bottom of my knit bag. It's freeing to finish a knit. Here are some pics of the thing: Now for the stats:
Pattern - Prairie Tunic by Veronik Avery
Source - Interweave Knits Spring 2006
Yarn - Jaeger Sienna 4-ply (prescribed yarn) in lilac
Amount of Yarn - 4.5 balls. Pattern called for 5.5 balls (I made a blend of sizes. See below)
Started - May 28, 2006 (wow, that's just sad it took me so long to finish)
Finished - August 27, 2006
Modifications - My tunic is a blend of two sizes to match my body. I started with the 39.5 inch size for the bottom, but decreased 10 extra times so the top would be 36.5 inches. I wish I had made the entire piece 36.5 as the bottom is too big. I kind of knew (famous last words), but kept going just because. I have a plan, though. The pattern instructs you to leave the bottom six inches on either side unseamed, but seaming is in my tunic…